- I’m tired of depriving myself, I deserve this treat.
- Everybody else can eat; I’m going to too.
- I’ll go to the gym later and work this candy bar off.
- I will start again tomorrow.
- I can’t help overeating, I just love food
Your thoughts will bring up the past, over promise the future, and tell you what you want to hear. It has your voice, your parent’s voice, your ex’s voice and even your “you’ll never amount to anything” guidance counselor’s voice lumped together. Your thoughts can be very confusing and often lead you in the wrong direction.
- I’m tired, not physically hungry, taking a break would feel great right now.
- I’m stressed, not physically hungry, a little breathing and re-centering sounds wonderful.
- I’m angry, not physically hungry, a walk will help me calm down.
- I’m excited, not physically hungry, connecting with a friend, I can celebrate my good news.
“Built into you is an internal guidance system that shows you the way home. All you need to do is heed the voice.”
~ Neale Donald Walsch