Happy Friday REAL Skinny’s!
Eating fresh & real needs some spice sometimes and we found the perfect one to sizzle in your next recipe!
Cinnamon comes from the inner bark of a tropical evergreen tree. When it is harvested, it begins to curl as it dries, leaving fancy cinnamon sticks. At one time, cinnamon was even more valuable than gold because of all of its medicinal benefits.
Quick tips about cinnamon: buy it in smaller containers.. like most ground up spices, it’s flavor weakens as time goes on (buy what you’ll be using in a few months). Keep it out of sight of sunlight, and take a whiff before you buy, it should emit a sweet aroma (then you know it’s fresh) Try to buy organic when possible too, unfortunately not so real stuff is added to the non organic kind..
Powerful REAL benefits of consuming cinnamon daily (not too much though):
1. May help lower Mr. LDL (bad cholesterol)
2. Anti-fungal properties & word on the street is that Candida cannot flourish or survive in a cinnamon spiced body
3. Anti-clotting effect on blood
4. Smelling cinnamon alone can boost cognitive function & memory >>way cheaper than a latte
5. Add this awesome spice to you’re morning breakfast or tea with a few dashes and feel your blood sugar stabilize
Is your mouth watering for some cinnamon yet??
We love adding cinnamon to our coffee, tea, oatmeal, cereal but here is a yummy twist for a dinner veggie idea:
Cinnamon Style Sautéed Veggies:
Pick all your favorite veggies
Cut them/dice them/slice them up
Add them to a skillet with a few drizzles of your fav. cooking oil
Add in some pepper
Add in the spicy magic: Cinnamon (four or five dashes does the trick!)